Web Site and Company Information
Company Name: It’s Just G
Website Address is: https://itsjustg.com
Owned and Operated by: Gisèle Grenier
Services: website design, template design, coaching, teaching and email marketing
Personal Data that’s Collected and Why
When visitors leave comments on the blog we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact Forms, Opt-in Forms and Cookies
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- If you fill out one of the opt-in forms, your information is transferred to our email service provider which is MailerLite. You can read their GDPR policy by clicking here.
- The data used in the opt-in form is to personalize email sent to you (which is why we ask for your first name) and the email address so we can send you what you’re opt-ing in for.
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- How Long Your Data is Retained
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- What Rights you Have Over your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Where Your Data is Sent
Visitor comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Unusual traffic to the website is pushed through our firewall system which will block visitors if they are deemed to be a threat. The IP address is recorded in our system and logged for 30 days.
- If there is any need to send your email to technical support to troubleshoot any issues you have accessing the website, you will be asked for permission to share that email address with full details.
- If a purchase is made on this website, your data is used to process any transactions, such as email subscription after purchase, Stripe/Square who processes payments, and Book Like a Boss, which is the online scheduling system used. If customers can’t use Stripe/Square for payments, PayPal will be used, data is used to process the transaction.